Part Time Colleague Relations Advisor - Temporary
Purfleet Purfleet Purfleet Bypass RM19 1TT 51.4817018 0.2468535
Head office - HR
This is a temporary vacancy to cover maternity leave, the hours will be 21 per week, over 3 days. Days to be arranged with the right candidate.
The purpose of this role is to support the HR Manager in the provision of commercially focused colleague relations advice to Line Managers and colleagues throughout all divisions as required.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· The provision of first-line advice, support and guidance to Line Managers and colleagues in all matters of Colleague Relations, including disciplinary, grievance, performance management, capability and absence management.
· End to end case management of Colleague Relations cases, including providing related advice and producing any associated outcome letters, with agreement from appropriate managers.
· Working with Line Managers to ensure the timely, effective and legally compliant management of the Company’s long term absence process.
· Working with Line Mangers to ensure that timely, effective and legally compliant management of the Company’s Family Friendly Policies such as Maternity, Paternity and Flexible Working.
· Working with Line Managers to manage site/store restructures/closures ensuring the process is handled in a sensitive manner with the minimum disruption for affected colleagues.
· Supporting the HR Manager in reviewing Company policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and to seek improvement to working practices with a view to increasing efficiency, productivity and effectiveness.
· Supporting the HR Manager in the development of initiatives and strategies to develop and improve the Company’s colleague relations policies and processes in line with business objective.
· Producing Weekly and monthly reports for the HR Manager
· To liaise with other areas of the HR Department as required
· Support the HR Team in the administration of Projects as required
· Undertake projects on an ad-hoc basis as required
· To act as a champion for the Company’s values
· Act as a positive role model for all colleagues. Recognise the value of team working and positively reinforce co-operation, mutual support and commitment from all colleagues
· Any other duties as reasonably required by the Management
· To drive your own learning and development
· To observe and adhere to all Company Health and Safety Regulation
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within a multi-site operation
- Part Qualified CIPD
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a commercial approach to Colleague Relation matters
- Team Player
- Knowledge of employment legislation
Head office - HR