Purfleet Purfleet Purfleet Bypass RM19 1TT 51.4817018 0.2468535
Head office - IT
To provide day to day support of Carpetright’s server infrastructure. This person will operate within the existing Infrastructure Team providing design and 3rd level technical support within the UK and in Europe.
The person is an experienced infrastructure engineer with excellent working knowledge of Windows server OS’s, virtualisation technologies, server applications, and server hardware
- The resource is required for 35 hours a week; covering between the hours of 8am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday on a shift basis. Some flexibility of working hours will be required.
- The resource is required to undertake on-call support within the team rota
- This role will be primarily based at Head Office. However, it is possible that some UK and European travel will be occasionally required.
- Support and administration of MS Windows Server
- Support and administration of VMware ESXi & VCenter
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Group Policy
- Server Hardware configuration and builds
- Cisco network administration & configuration
- Cloud technology
- Exchange (online and on premise)
- Radia Client Automation
- EMC Unity
- Mitel IP telephony skills
- PRTG Support
- IT Infrastructure support for the business
- Management of alerts from systems and ensuring the appropriate action is performed.
- Responsible for solution designs and managing and delivering the implementation
- Configure and troubleshoot servers, including e-mail, print, application and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Work with the application team, project managers, etc. to produce solution designs for new implementations
- Project manage and deliver the implementation of new solutions in line with the Systems and Infrastructure Strategy
- Ensure network and IP connectivity of all workstations, application servers, and back-end office infrastructure.
- Administration and support for sequencing of applications
- Patch management
- Working on Cloud related projects
- Active Directory: Group Policy
- Other Infrastructure duties as required and requested by the Head of Infrastructure
- Desktop/laptop and mobile device support for SSO and stores
- Experience in managing critical IT systems to an agreed SLA
- At least three years 3rd level IT support experience.
- Good level of technical experience in all aspects of IT infrastructure
- Project management and delivering IT projects to agreed timescales and budget
- Ability to lead (by example) and motivate people
- Responsible attitude
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of personnel and with suppliers
- Ability to build a positive and constructive working relationship with all members of the team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to pre-determined deadlines
Head office - IT