Inventory Analyst - Maternity Cover
Purfleet Purfleet Purfleet Bypass RM19 1TT 51.4817018 0.2468535
Head office - Finance
This vacancy is to cover maternity leave for 9-12 months.
Taking control and responsibility for the day to day accounting, reporting and reconciliation of stock. Ensuring transparency and adherence to financial controls across both through the timeliness and accuracy of reporting and analytics.
- Taking ownership of the accounting process for inventory - specifically to balance sheet and P&L reporting on stock levels, aging and cost of sales including variances
- Month end close activity, including preparation of journals, posting and reconciliation to GL both cash and inventory
- Communicate, liaise and lead with Internal & External Auditors on all inventory related matters
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analysing variances by improving current inventory reporting analytics to provide insights regarding inventory holding
- Support and assist in planning cycles with analysis of inventory actual cash spend vs. forecast, to drive improved forecast accuracy
- Preparation of weekly inventory reports for management
- Management and calculation of inventory provisions and ensure all stock write-offs are approved and analysed to confirm only approved entries are posted
- Minimising inventory write-offs to P&L by identifying key risks and raising these to management
- Ensure that return to supplier claims have been approved, posted accurately and paid
- Calculate and process cross charge intercompany stock movements and adjustments
- Attendance at weekly Supply Chain Meetings and development of any adhoc reports identified, with clear communication of results/findings to relevant parties
Role of Department
To support the company by providing solid financial processes & controls, ensuring accurate record keeping with analytical support and suggested recommendations
Navision Retail/SAP/Microsoft Dynamics (or similar accounting package)
Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel to an advanced level
Ability & Experience to use data warehousing platforms e.g. BW/Power BI/Javlin
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
In addition to demonstrable experience in inventory reporting you will have an analytical aptitude, solid accounting knowledge with a strong attention to detail and an ability to escalate appropriately.
You can demonstrate strong analytical skills and experience of manipulating large data sets into meaningful analysis. You have a proven track record of being able to work to deadlines, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Ideally, you have an accounting/finance related degree and are either AAT qualified or actively studying for an ACCA/CIMA qualification. Previous experience using SAP/Microsoft Dynamics Finance is essential
Head office - Finance