Store Finance Administrator
Purfleet Purfleet Purfleet Bypass RM19 1TT 51.4817018 0.2468535
Head office - Finance
The job holder must be a dependable individual who is well organised and able to work under pressure; detail orientated, has strong communication skills, and is able to work as a team player.
- Daily reconciliation of cash to sales
- Daily reconciliation of cash amounts banked by stores; investigation and resolution of any discrepancies
- Notify all appropriate staff members of cash amounts not banked, and take appropriate action following results of investigations
- Investigation and resolution of differences on store posted statements
- Raise queries with NatWest where required
- Investigation and resolution of any banking/posted statement queries
- Investigate GDNP balances escalated by stores, liaising with both stores and Retail Operations to ensure all information is correct prior to passing to Solicitors
- Preparation of period end journals/reporting as required
- Liaise with internal & external auditors with regards to Store Finance queries
- Preparation of payments for customer refunds escalated to SSO
- Deal with telephone queries
- Ensure all documents are filed and archived correctly
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties; additional duties may be required within the department as business needs dictate
3. Reporting and Responsibilities
- This role reports to the AR/AP Supervisors
Role of Department
The Store Finance department plays a pivotal role in cash management & reconciliation in the business. The department works closely with stores to provide an effective customer focused and responsive service.
6. Key Result Areas
Adherence to internal controls resulting in accurate revenue accounting within the Financial Operations Department.
SAP (or similar accounting package)
Excel – minimum knowledge must include lookups, Sumif and similar formulae, pivot tables
8. Decision making and problem solving
Applicant must have an analytical aptitude with a strong attention to detail and an ability to escalate appropriately.
9. Communications and Relationships
The main channels of communication will be within the Store Finance team, Stores, Regional field teams and other departments within the Store Support Office.
It is important to be able to forge and maintain effective relationships at all levels in the organisation, and to be able to communicate financial concepts, controls and procedures to non-financial people.
10. Knowledge and Experience required to do the job
Minimum 2 years’ experience within a similar environment is preferable
Ability to work on own initiative
Excellent organisational skills
Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with attention to detail
Confidence to liaise with colleagues at all levels
Ability to work accurately and efficiently when under pressure
Open and involved to process change and implementation
Head office - Finance