HR Services Advisor & Footprints
Purfleet Purfleet Purfleet Bypass RM19 1TT 51.4817018 0.2468535
Head office - HR
up to £22,000
To provide a comprehensive and professional service to all colleagues in relation to HR and Payroll administration services, using all HR & Payroll systems, ensuring that a timely service is offered. To work closely with the senior HR and Payroll team to ensure that HR/Payroll legal and statutory obligations are met. Keep an accurate and up to date central record of store staffing arrangements, that enables effective FTE budget management.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
HR & Payroll
- To take ownership for the new starter process including:
- To ensure that all contractual amendments are accurately entered onto the system and a new contract of employment is sent.
- To manage the probationary period process and liaise with the HR Business Partners and/or HR Advisor.
- To ensure that the leaver process is managed effectively to minimise overpayments. Issuing of P45’s
- Collate all return-to-work paperwork ensuring that all require information is completed and all payments are made in line with company sick pay policy. To keep accurate sickness records and to work closely with the HR Advisor, providing support and advice to colleague when appropriate.
- To liaise with HR Advisor and HR Business Partner as necessary on any maternity, flexible working and paternity issues and to maintain the relevant database.
- To ensure that monthly pay queries are dealt with efficiently, arranging payments, where necessary, by BACS payment
- To carry out general administrative tasks.
- To prepare and send reports to various departments each month as required.
- To give advice and educate colleagues on HR/Payroll related systems.
- Maintaining confidentiality and department integrity always.
- To drive your own learning and development.
- To observe and adhere to all Company Health and Safety Regulations.
- Check each change form received to ensure that it has been completed accurately - take remedial action where necessary
- Check that each change proposed is aligned with the following- escalating as necessary:
- Store FTE Budget
- Salary banding/point for the role
- Company commission and Bonus arrangements
- Ensure approval is sought at the appropriate level for any changes that fall outside of the model.
- Input changes on to the footprint model
- Pass the completed and approved changes form to the HR Services Team for processing
- Liaise with the talent acquisition team to ensure all vacancies are accurately reflected on the relevant footprint
- In conjunction with the HRBP, develop a best practice guide to managing the footprints
- Support with general administration duties across the Retail Operations team
Produce reports when required based around data held
Ad hoc duties:
- To participate in annual HR/Payroll compliance collations
- To carry out induction tour at SSO on the colleague’s date of commencement
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Management
What you’ll need:
- This is a fast paced environment and the employee’s ability to prioritise and manage his/her time will be key in this role.
- Positive, enthusiastic and customer focused attitude.
- Supportive and proactive approach to the job
- Ability to build a positive and constructive working relationship with all members of the team.
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team working effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel to intermediate level is essential.
- High degree of integrity, ability to work with sensitive data and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Keen to develop a career in HR/Payroll.
- Previous experience in HR Administration and Payroll is desirable but not essential.
- Open to new ways of working and willing to suggest improvements to current processes.
Head office - HR
up to £22,000