Purfleet Purfleet Carpetright, Purfleet Bypass, RM19 1TT 51.5758572999 0.5010004
Tax Manager/Tax Accountant - Part Time (3 days)
We have an exciting part time opportunity for a Tax Manager to join our Finance team at Carpetright. Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller, you will deliver excellence in group wide tax reporting and planning, as well as supporting the statutory reporting cycles for UK entities.
We are the UK's largest retailer of carpets, flooring and beds and for over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
What you will be doing:
- Preparing corporate tax computations and returns.
- Responding to queries from the business and from HMRC across all areas of tax.
- Overseeing VAT processes and ensuring returns prepared by local finance teams are timely and accurate.
- Monitoring transactional VAT compliance.
- Assisting with research and implementation of tax planning projects.
- Preparing tax entries for full year group consolidated accounts, and UK statutory accounts.
- Assisting with the review of procedures and controls across all relevant UK taxes.
- Providing support to the business on tax issues effecting new contracts and trading opportunities and suggesting potential solutions.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years' practical UK tax experience, gained in either practice or industry.
- ACA/ACCA or CIOT qualification.
- Strong understanding of UK tax legislation, IAS 12 and deferred tax along with a good understanding of IFRS, FRS 101/102 and old UK GAAP.
- Articulate and credible when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A team player who values the importance of structure and process with a practical mind-set.
The role is based at our Purfleet office (when we are back in the office). We have free parking on site, lovely food in our on-site subsidised staff restaurant and a friendly bunch of people to work with!