Digital Learning Designer
Purfleet Purfleet Carpetright, Purfleet Bypass, RM19 1TT 51.5758572999 0.5010004
Digital Learning Designer
Digital Learning Designer - 12 month FTC
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Digital Learning Designer to join our HR team at Carpetright. You will shape, influence and create digital learning content for the UK’s market leader in home flooring. We’re looking for someone who can balance the creative with attention to detail and keep up with multiple projects at a time.
For over 30 years, we’ve helped people transform their homes through finding the flooring that’s right for their lifestyle. Not only helping them find that perfect floor but providing a full end-to-end service, irrespective of whether the customer’s journey starts in store or online. We have exciting growth plans and we would love for you to be a part of it!
What you will be doing:
- Working alongside other members of the Learning Design Team, to design fresh, creative and innovative learning solutions for a wide variety of teams and subject matter
- Delivering content design that supports a blended learning approach including Video, SCORM and HTML
- Producing and editing blended learning content using our green screen and in-house studio, as well as on site film production as needed
- Content design to include the use of Evolve and production of the full range of media elements, including graphics, audio and animations
- Designing and creating bespoke film introductions and titles, primarily in After Effects and Illustrator
- Listening and understanding internal teams’ requirements to design brilliant learning content that delivers an engaging learning experience
- Developing and maintaining the Fuse social learning platform’s branding and web design
- Reviewing other learning designers’ work to ensure consistency across the team
- Engaging and networking with SMEs, peers and all levels of colleagues
- Designing and building assessments and evaluations (as part of the learning solution) that allows the measurement of knowledge transfer
What we are looking for:
- A high level of working knowledge of industry standard e-learning development/authoring software tools and knowledge of mobile learning principles
- Demonstrable experience of using established e-learning methodologies, current research, theory and practice of instructional design and web based eLearning standards and specifications (SCORM, XAPI, HTML).
- Experience of technical writing, course design, development and evaluation methods within a virtual/e-learning environment
- Experience of designing and creating digital content using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Demonstrable ability with animation software such as Vyond and authoring tools (preferably Evolve).
- Strong organisation, time management and project management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills across varied levels
- Full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle for occasional travel e.g. to stores for footage/photography
- Degree educated
- CIPD Level 3 or equivalent (or above) Digital Learning Design Qualification e.g. Level 3 Digital Learning Diploma
The role is based at our Purfleet office (when we are back in the office) and is Monday to Friday. We have free parking on site, lovely food in our on-site subsidised staff restaurant and a friendly bunch of people to work with!